k6 is a growing company providing an open-source tool (k6 OSS) and SaaS product (k6 Cloud) in the performance testing space. A solution for SREs, QA testers, and Developers to test their applications’ performance and reliability.
Traditionally, QA and Performance Engineers did performance testing using complicated testing tools and only after the application was completed. But the process has dramatically changed, and performance testing is now a shared activity between QA, DevOps, and developers, ideally as an automated part of the development lifecycle.
In this new era, k6 has disrupted the load testing market, providing an easy-to-use and developer-oriented solution. Loved by developers and trusted by engineering teams.
About the position
All members of the k6 team are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching and helping users, and a passion for creating the best developer tool possible.
We are now steadily growing and looking for a Technical Content Writer who has experience writing technical documentation and loves creating B2B technical content.
We are looking for someone who enjoys bringing complex and detailed ideas to different audiences while avoiding jargon. Figuring out the importance of concepts, their value to the end-user, and how best to present them to make them as accessible as possible.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing for both technical audiences and B2B and has experience working in the software development industry.
If you feel that you have the background and knowledge for this Content Writer position, we’d love to talk to you and see if we can find a fit!
What we can offer you
- Remote working - Once COVID permits, we celebrate CrocoCon, our bi-annual company meet-up, typically in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Work-life balance - We encourage doing the right things well, not burning ourselves out, and having fun on our journey.
- Career growth - As we grow, a successful employee will likely have opportunities to move into more senior positions and/or other roles.
- High-degree of autonomy - We plan and prioritize together, avoid inefficient management, and empower individuals to do their best.
- Blame-free culture - A shared focus on what’s best for our users and the company.
- Work with the DevRel team to create technical content that helps users get started and succeed with performance testing and SRE best practices.
- Create middle-of-the-funnel content to educate in software reliability and performance testing.
- Produce sales enablement content as white papers and product sheets to present the benefits of the k6 solution for engineering teams and software organizations.
- Work with marketing to develop content plans for the customer journey, define the messaging and content copy.
- Maintain the quality of the developer documentation. Work with devrel, product, and engineering teams to ensure that content is technically accurate and written for the appropriate audience.
- Assist with the update and maintenance of the existing content library.
- Technical background researching and writing documentation for developers or cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in the SRE or testing industry is a plus.
- Experience in B2B SaaS is a plus.
- Ability to create powerful messaging for a B2B technical audience.
- Excellent writing skills with a sharp-eye on the structure.
- Living in a timezone compatible with the EU, as most of us live there.
- Your undivided passion and enthusiasm.
- A self-starter attitude and ability to get things done efficiently.
- Strong opinions - No fear to share your view and ideas. Willingness to give and accept critique, self-improve, and move forward.
- An iterative approach - We learn and improve our processes and activities as we progress.
- A team-player who works well with others as well as individually. Leave your ego at the door and put the team's results before your own
The interview process aims to prove that you will be a great addition to the small k6 team and that you will enjoy working with us.
We believe hiring is a two-way process, and we also want you to do your due diligence to know if the role and our organization are a good fit for the next step in your career.
The hiring process is flexible, but it will likely follow these steps:
- You review the job description completely and apply for the position.
- We review candidates and reach out to ones that may be a good fit via email no later than 2 weeks after receiving the application.
- 30+ minute video interview with the hiring manager to understand your interest in the role and why you believe you are a good fit.
- 60 minute video interview with the HM and another colleague to learn more about company goals, marketing needs, and dive deeper into your experience and skills.
- Interview assessment. Depending on your previous experience, we might want to assess your skills. The assessment - sometimes a paid project - will be tailored to the individual to test one or many key responsibilities for the role.
- Last video interview with the CEO to get to know each other, hear more about the company vision and plans, and an opportunity to ask any questions you might have.